Sunday 7 August 2011

One step forward, two steps back.


My friends came over for a few days and we went to Amsterdam today. Again I recalled all the places we went to, things we ate and spots we took pictures. It hurts. It gives me this sinking feeling in my stomach.
I'm a person for whom places, smells, food and events bring memories about people I spent my time with.


I MUST create new memories but today I can't help but miss him. I miss him a lot... I want him back. I was considering texting him. I know that if I saw him today, the only thing I would want is to take him in my arms and breathe in the smell of his skin. Feel safe and loved again.


Sometimes I feel like I'm falling apart but no one on the outside can tell. Tomorrow I will feel better I hope...

3 comments:

L.F. said...

I don't think there's a way to solve it, cause in my opinion, one day you will realize that you didn't think about him for weeks. But maybe, if you try to know new people, make a list with the things which are better without him or just make it simple, and think that it was a period of your life that you have passed, now it's time to get and do better things and when the correct person has to appear, he will.

Kisses :)

Anonymous said...

As time will go, the days you will remember him will decrease. You'll still have times when the pain of the separation will be hard to bear, when you'll be at 2 minutes of calling or reaching out to him.
Meeting new people, making plans can help you to re-start again.
I've been through this a long time ago, I know how you feel, how every smell, every touch, every song send you back in the past.
But slowly you'll have to move on, it is hard, but it is the only way for you to live fully.

I hope today will be better. Take care

Safiyah said...

Awww sweetheart, I'm sorry you feel like this. I agree with the others. It's rotten but only time can heal your wounds. I know how tempting it is to contact the one you miss so much, and you are doing a great job in resisting. I'm here for you if you want to talk. Much love and hugs to you xxx